Skunkgal - Too Much Skunk In Your Junk

did i mention i’m going to an official inaugural ball?

i’m going w/ joel who lives with a woman who worked on obama’s florida campaign. all that means is that i’m going to the southern regional ball, which is quite possibly the one ball i’ll feel most uncomfortable at. i’m hoping to run into lots of southern belle types, and then assault them with my northern rage and cynicism.

i hear it’s a crowded, drunken mess, but obama and co. are guaranteed to be there for at least 5 minutes. can’t wait to bathe in his light.

more importantly, let’s talk about the dress and accessories. mama Go brought me one of her twice-worn designer gowns from michigan. it’s a black issey miyake (japanese. reppin the asians), and i believe it retailed for $2,000-3,000. why would anyone spend that much money on a dress? i dunno. mama Go paid $300 or so for it at the department store formerly known as hudsons, so whatevs.

mama Go was worried that the dress would be too long on me since 1) it was too long for her and 2) i’m shorter than her. however, b/c i’m “bigger boned” than mom, i filled the dress in a little better, and poof! not too long anymore. disaster averted.

just the dressbodice detail. fancccyyyyy.with the evening jacket

and yes that’s a jean jacket. and no you likely will not convince me not to wear it.

also some words on this “photo shoot” i did of … myself. first, i probably took 100 or so photos. i’m vain and i’m ok w/ it. and you see that ridiculous light there? that’s a lamp w/ the lampshade off leaned against an ikea chair in an awkward attempt to create adequate lighting for a no-flash scenario with a really crappy point-and-shoot camera. i just wish i could have set up a better backdrop. my corkboard disaster zone of receipts and birthday cards screams “declasse.”

laceup hotnessnext, shoes are nicole miller from DSW in boston. they are the hotness, but i might fall and die in them. ::crosses fingers::

lastly, i need all your advice. accessories? at first i thought a fancy long necklace would be cool, then i thought maybe it would make the whole look too hippie dippy. but a short necklace might be a little too goth/boring (depending on its color) for my taste. i was thinking big gaudy earrings instead. help!

8 Responses to “ did i mention i’m going to an official inaugural ball? ”

1. sean dailey said:

jean jacket = win.

2. jina said:

go with earrings. a necklace – any necklace – would totally turn that gown into “snappy casual.” and, yes. go with gawdy! i have huge rocks i’m gonna wear tuesday.

3. jina said:

oh, and you look vewwy pwetty, btw. 🙂

4. Russell Heimlich said:

Top notch lighting if i do say so myself. When does the Go Photo studio open for business?

5. JMH said:

Well I declare…

6. Mike said:

Coming from a model for Verizon, the lighting is ghetto! But that is beside the point. You should blog about how in 2001 and 2005 liberals were bitching that Bush spent too much money on his inauguration, about 40 Mil. But, now that the tables are turned, it’s okay that Obama is spending about 150 Mil for his. Last time I checked we were in a major recession, and there are still starving Americans out there. But in light of the moment, enjoy the ball and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

7. Mike said:

Coming from a model for Verizon, the lighting is ghetto, haha. But that is beside the point. You should blog about how in 2001 and 2005 liberals were bitching that Bush spent too much money on his inauguration, about 40 Mil. But, now that the tables are turned, it’s okay that Obama is spending about 150 Mil. Last time I checked we were in a major recession, and there are still starving Americans out there. But in light of the moment, enjoy the ball and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

8. Elizabeth said:

Alison hi!! You look hot.
    So on your outfit, I say go with gigantic earrings. Gold to match shoes? I like the idea of long necklace. If it was gold it wouldn’t look too hippydippy.